Solve 7 Newsletter March 2020
Solve 7: To help people find hope by removing physical barriers to make way for spiritual opportunities.
Find, Feed, Clothe, House, Educate, Rescue, Heal
Solve 7 just keeps going!
In order to continue the impact of Solve 7, it has to be more than just a one day thing we do each year. It has to be a life-long, yearlong emphasis on removing those physical barriers to make way for spiritual opportunities!
Go to solve7.org anytime to get connected in serving & helping solve problems!
Important Solve 7 Dates:
- May 2 - Serving Saturday (off site with partners & For My Street). Registration starts soon!
- Sept 17 - Solve 7 Thursday Night Worship: An evening of inspiration, instruction and communion
- Sept 20 - Solve 7 Sunday: watch last year's video
Solve 7 is funded through 10% of your giving to the Ripple Campaign. Keep it up & finish strong!
If you don't know what the Ripple Campaign is, click here or contact Beth Maxey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Songs of Hope: Night of Worship, a huge success!!
Over 400 people came out Thursday, Feb 27 for our Night of Worship through serving & singing! We have received so many positive comments about how people enjoyed the opportunity to serve & then to worship through song. Many didn't want the evening to end! Thanks to each of you who helped make this night a great success.
Watch the awesome video recap!
Also, thanks to Master Provisions for partnering with us for our Night of Worship! Check them out here or join us as we "GO" there March 27-28, 2020! GO Trip details here.
To Help Bring the Hope of Jesus...
We are excited to announce two trips are underway...
GO KY - Florence, KY with Master Provisions, March 27 & 28 (approximately 20 participants)
GO Mexico - Piedras Negras, Mexico with Crossroads Missions, April 25 - May 1 (11 participants)
Four more opportunities yet to come this year...
GO Haiti with Living Water Mission
GO Haiti with SonLight Ministries
Check them out & be a part of a life changing experience that will help prepare you for your life mission!
Our Missionaries to Asia - Laminda, Denise, Levi & Judah Ubhayawansha are visiting this summer!
We are excited to have the Ubhay's (as we call them) visiting us this summer. They have several needs for their visit to the States, including a place to stay in Cincinnati. (Do you know of any apartments or places that could house them while in Cincy?) They are also in need of a car to use while in America. They are open to borrow, lease or purchase anything cheap that could reliably take them around while here for three months. If you can help in either way, please email Jess Adkins at jadkinswhitewatercrossing.org.
Did you know?
Thrive Pointe Counseling - continues to partner with us to serve the emotional/mental health needs of families who are both a part of our church & surrounding communities.
Life Center - The Life Center is Whitewater's local Solve 7 ministry where we strive to help people find solutions to barriers, hope through unconditional love, and empowerment for life change.
The Life Center Resource Fund and partners are directly supported through our Christmas Eve offering. Thanks to you the Life Center continues to grow and expand in both depth of relationship with neighbors, friends and family, as well as resource connections.
Here's a brief snapshot:
- Since the Fall of 2019, over 500 households have shopped at the Food Pantry.
- Eight volunteers or neighbors connected with the LC have gone All-In.
- Ten mentors have formed authentic relationships with 34 of our neighbors engaged in Project Lift.
- Mobile Meals now delivers 50 hot meals weekly.
- Life lesson classes on budgeting, problem solving, mental health, and anxiety are well attended with follow up resources for each class.
- Six cars from Wheels have been given through the Whitewater LC partnership.
- A Hope Group formed...who knows what's next!
Upcoming Life Center Connectors:
- Basic Budget Class: March 15, 4-6pm
- Blood Drive: March 23, 12-2:15pm & 3:30-6pm
- Faith & Anxiety Class: March 16, 6:30pm
- 4th & 5th Graders serve in the LC: March 29, 9:30 & 11:15am
Get connected with the Life Center! If you are interested, contact Terri Beth Faust at email@example.com. You will be blessed beyond measure!
Wheels Ministry - Jan/Feb 2020 Highlights:
- Received 24 vehicles
- Awarded 29 vehicles (NOTE: mix of WCCC, Crossroads, Nehemiah Industries, JBM Packaging)
We gave a 2007 Toyota Corolla to Lindsay, a single mom of two young children, who is trying to make it on her own. She suffers from anxiety and depression, but works hard to provide a stable home and income for her children. She has a car that smokes, has no heat, with the transmission going, along with some other expensive repairs.
Amber is a single mom, who the Life Center team has walked with (through their partnership with Project Lift) to independence and self-sufficiency. They've helped stabilize housing and now working to stabilize reliable transportation. She has received a car that will be more dependable for her.
To donate a used motor vehicle in decent condition, or on how to volunteer at Wheels, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 873-2610, or visit our web-site www.wheelscinci.org.
Solve 7 throughout the year
Check out our web page for updates & coming events!