Harbortown KIDS 411
Here is a quick snapshot of what your kids learned this weekend: how Jesus wants His followers to teach people everywhere about Jesus so they will trust in Him as their Lord and Savior.
Jesus Gave the Great Commission
- Bottom Line: The good news about what Jesus has done to rescue us from our sins is too great to keep to ourselves. Before Jesus went back to heaven, He gave the disciples a job to do. Jesus wants His followers to teach people everywhere about Jesus so they will trust in Him as their Lord and Savior.
- Bible Verse: 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (Preschool: 1 Corinthians 15:4)
Talk to your kids about the importance of living out the Great Commission. Because Jesus has authority over all places and all people at all times, we can take the good news about Jesus to all places and all people at all times. God has given us a mission and gives us power through the Holy Spirit to obey this calling.
Family Starting Points
- Jesus is alive in heaven.
- Jesus has power over everything.
- Jesus gave His friends a job to do on earth.
- Jesus’ followers tell people everywhere about Him.
- What is our mission? Our mission is to tell others about Jesus.
- Jesus gave His friends a mission..
- What is our mission as believers? Our mission as believers is to make disciples of all nations by the power of the Spirit.
- Jesus gave the disciples the Great Commission.