Life CenterClass Registration Care Group Registration
Visit or Call:
5771 State Route 128, Cleves, OH
Tuesdays: 9am-noon, & 5-8pm
- Food Pantry: By appointment only. Call during office hours. The Food Pantry serves families within the Whitewater Crossing family and families in the following communities: Cleves, Miamitown, Hooven, Harrison, and North Bend.
- Free Wifi
- Computer use
- Fitness Room
- Care/Support Groups
- Learn and Earn Classes
- Resource assistance
- Counseling, Therapy & Life Coaching (provided by THRIVEPointe)
To request services or for questions, call 513-738-7500 or drop by during open hours.
Life Center Mission:
Our mission is to share the hope and love of Jesus meeting basic needs and offering long-term solutions. The Life Center will help to equip and empower individuals and families toward a healthy and stable future.
Life Center Strategy:
The Life Center will be a place where ministry happens. It’s a place where ministries will collaborate together, extending the love of Christ through a holistic approach-spiritually, physically, and emotionally.
In keeping with the mission and values of Whitewater, the Life Center will be relationally focused demonstrating these three Core Values in everything we do:
· Dignity: People are treated with dignity and respect regardless of their ethnic, economic, legal, or religious status.
· Hope: True hope is found in a redemptive relationship with Jesus Christ and is at the core of everything we do and say.
· Transformation: Transformation occurs in the hearts of those serving and being served. We believe God redeems hurting people, broken situations, and transforms us from the inside out.
Serving Opportunities and Ministries:
Food Pantry: With a mission to change hunger to hope, the Whitewater Food Pantry currently serves 100-120 families each month by providing food for over 20,000 meals. We will need volunteers to:
- Stock Shelves
- Shop with guests
- Pick up food from outside sources
- Coordinate personal and corporate donations
Resource Assistance: Individuals in crisis often feel paralyzed and do not know where to turn for help. The Whitewater Life Center will provide help in assessing an individual’s needs and connecting them with resources that can help. The following are volunteers within this area.
- Intake volunteers
- Budget Counselors
- Facilitators/Teachers for Job Readiness and various Life Skills
- Transportation assistance
Care Groups: The Life Center will be the home of various care groups that the church currently offers such as Divorce Care, Grief Share, and Single & Parenting. The Life Center also works cooperatively with a variety of other groups/counselors in the area to connect individuals with the care/support they need. We will need the following volunteers in this area:
- Facilitators for Care Groups
- Mentors for Support and Recovery
Pastoral Care and Counseling: Sometimes, people are just looking for a listening ear, a helping hand, or someone to encourage and/or pray for them.
- On site Prayer Warriors
- Life Center Hosts
- Support Team members to help with visitation, meals, cards, repairs, transportation, etc.
Free Computer Use and Wifi: The Life Center will be a place for individuals to come and use computers and use wifi for free as well as take advantage of free training/classes. Soft seating in our atrium will give guests a quiet place to work and stay connected. We will need volunteers to help with:
- Facilitators/Trainers in Computer Skills, resume building, etc.
Serving Opportunities: Various ministries within the church will provide opportunities for people to serve and give back to the community through the Life Center.
Other Learning Opportunities: The Life Center will be home to a variety of free events, classes, and trainings. Whether it be life skills, healthy cooking classes, tax preparation, or resume building, the goal is to equip and empower individuals both inside and outside the church.
Fitness Center: The Life Center will not only be a place for spiritual and emotional health but physical health as well. The Fitness Center will be a place people can come to use exercise equipment for free.
- Facilitators/trainers in Personal Fitness
- Health and Wellness volunteers
Life Center Funding
In 2015, Whitewater Crossing Christian Church was given a generous grant by the Covenant Foundation in the amount of $604,000 to go toward the brick and mortar of a new community Life Center. On Christmas Eve 2015, the Whitewater church family generously donated approximately $92,000 additional dollars to help supply the Life Center’s furnishings and equipment. Every Christmas Eve, the Whitewater church family generously donates funds that are set aside to help resource families in our church and community. The Whitewater Resource Fund is used to assist families with rent, utilities, and other basic necessities while helping them find hope in Jesus Christ and a home in His local church.