Direct from David: 5 things I cannot keep secret…
1. Our Donor Day this week was a big success!
Linda Hutchinson reports that:
- 42 congregants registered
- 34 successfully donated whole blood
- 1 donated double red cells (this is a double donation from one person)
- 10 registered to donate blood for the first time
- 105 lives will potentially be saved!
- We surpassed our collection goal by 10 units!
We also praise God a kidney match has been found for Whitewater member, Darryl Haussler and it happens to be a member of our Whitewater family – Maria Wessel. What a special gift to give her brother in Christ. Please keep Maria and Darryl in your prayers, as well as several other Whitewater members awaiting bone marrow and kidney transplants.
2. We are celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus in just two weeks. We have three worship gatherings on Easter weekend. We are asking you to attend one service and serve at another. Our greatest serving opportunities are in Guest Services and Harbortown. Easter is also one of the best opportunities to invite. Use one of those Easter Invite Cards…
Thom Rainer lists nine keys to being a guest-friendly congregation on Easter. Try all nine this year! For those of you who live near Harrison, I encourage you to also participate in the This City/HIS City Good Friday Experience.
3. Solve 7 is rockin’! If you are looking to get your whole family involved, the Solve 7 Family Experience is your chance. Join us next Saturday, March 24 from 10-11:30am. (There will also be FREE donuts from the Hoffman’s Mini Donut Truck…YUM!!)
5. We love hearing stories of life change as we become Like Jesus. We will have a special Video Story Booth set up starting this Sunday, March 18. Stop and share your story with us!
Those are the five things I cannot stay quiet about this week. Maybe you can’t either. See you this Sunday for a message I’ve been working on for three weeks now. It involves Easter Eggs.
P.S. A huge shout out to Whitewater member, LOUISE YAMATAKI. March 15, Louise will be 96 years old! Louise is our oldest member and still going strong for Jesus.